Monday, December 24, 2012

Why I have a Blogger Account

Having recently found Smartpassiveincome.com, I decided to really start to write the content I been only talking about writing. I want to help college students and soon be grads navigate the job search process. SP (short for Smartpassiveincome....) suggests that an easy way for people to overcome inertia is to start with creating an infobarrel account and accumulate content there. I thought it was a brilliant idea--it would get me going and I could write in small amounts when I felt like it and/or had time. I gave myself a goal of one article a week that more or less I've stuck to.

My true intent, in addition to truly wanting to help students, was to see how much passive google adsense income I could generate, thinking I could really become an amazon affiliate if I got more popular (I certainly could do links to appropriate clothing sites...). I first tried to link an adsense account to what I consider my professional blog (ellenweber. wordpress.com) and I didn't get anywhere, but really what I wanted was to link to Infobarrel but didn't have any content when I started so I tried to get everything going with my wordpress blog.  I went into the Infobarrell website for instructions on linking and followed them. I didn't end up linking and found that google didn't approve many infobarrel people anyway.

I then realized, that google in all it's dominance, makes it easy only if you have one of their blog accounts. So, I cut and paste my infobarrel content to this site google Blogger site that you are on now. The content comes from: http://www.infobarrel.com/Users/LNWebr. I had planned to set up a wordpress site for this specifically (I already had started one before...), but figured that Blogger was fine and if it made it easier to do what I wanted, so be it.

Let's see how this works.

No comments:

Post a Comment